The AIDS Memorial Quilt is a poignant memorial, a powerful tool for use in preventing new HIV infections, and it's the largest ongoing community arts project in the world. Each of the more than 44,000 colorful panels that make up the Quilt memorializes the life of a person lost to AIDS.
The Goals of The AIDS Memorial Quilt are to:
- Provide a creative means for remembrance and healing.
- Effectively illustrate the enormity of the AIDS epidemic.
- Increase the general public's awareness of HIV and AIDS.
- Assist others with HIV infection-prevention education.
- Raise funds for community-based AIDS service organizations.
Number of Panels: 130